Roses red and roses white
Plucked I for my love's delight.
She would none of all my posies--
Bade me gather her blue roses.
Half the world I wandered through,
Seeking where such flowers grew.
Half the world unto my quest
Answered me with laugh and jest.
Home I came at wintertide,
But my silly love had died
Seeking with her latest breath
Roses from the arms of Death.
It may be beyond the grave
She shall find what she would have.
Mine was but an idle quest--
Roses white and red are best!
Rudyard Kipling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blue Roses by Rudyard Kipling )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Dancefloor, Justin Tang
- picture, laxami Cards
- Nightingale, Naveed Khalid
- Conspiracy, Susmit Panda
- jupiter, Mandolyn Davidson
- Woodcutter Vs Woodpecker, SALINI NAIR
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka
- Mangesi tolerance, skender iljaz braka
- Ne ditet me te erreta te jetes sime, skender iljaz braka