My soul minimized and made finite,
Harnessed in this earthly mould,
Like some miniature Japanese bonsai!
As long as it is caged within,
Far removed from that world of Being,
It got to be attended, pruned and nurtured
For it always seeks the eternal light
and gasps for fresh air!
As it waits in patience to break through its
And forever merge with the Universal Soul!
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BONSAI by RAJ NANDY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen
- Terminus, Concedo Nulli, Guillermo Veloso
- George Moir Black, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Spoiler, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Wide Outdoors, Edgar Albert Guest