Suzanna C Chevalier
BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG
Bootsy is the family pet
I made sure she was fed
when I thought she was pregnant.
Bootsy had puppies every year
by a shaggy dog named Coco
who was the Jon Juan so dear.
Puppies where given to friends of my brother
they looked liked twins, they looked like each other.
Bootsy jumped and ran and played
in the open fields during the day.
As time went on a fence went up
Stopping her to run and jump.
She gained weight then got sick
could hardly walk, was sad from it.
I came to see her in 1988
she lay by couch, not looking great.
I have a photo of her, Allisa and me
Memory I keep of us girls, all three.
Written by Suzanna C Chevalier on September 11,2011
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG by Suzanna C Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos