Suzanna C Chevalier
BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG
Bootsy is the family pet
I made sure she was fed
when I thought she was pregnant.
Bootsy had puppies every year
by a shaggy dog named Coco
who was the Jon Juan so dear.
Puppies where given to friends of my brother
they looked liked twins, they looked like each other.
Bootsy jumped and ran and played
in the open fields during the day.
As time went on a fence went up
Stopping her to run and jump.
She gained weight then got sick
could hardly walk, was sad from it.
I came to see her in 1988
she lay by couch, not looking great.
I have a photo of her, Allisa and me
Memory I keep of us girls, all three.
Written by Suzanna C Chevalier on September 11,2011
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG by Suzanna C Chevalier )
- General Sweeney Dies at 84, Ron Slate
- Respect the truth, men, gajanan mishra
- Respect truth, gajanan mishra
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns