Suzanna C Chevalier
BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG
Bootsy is the family pet
I made sure she was fed
when I thought she was pregnant.
Bootsy had puppies every year
by a shaggy dog named Coco
who was the Jon Juan so dear.
Puppies where given to friends of my brother
they looked liked twins, they looked like each other.
Bootsy jumped and ran and played
in the open fields during the day.
As time went on a fence went up
Stopping her to run and jump.
She gained weight then got sick
could hardly walk, was sad from it.
I came to see her in 1988
she lay by couch, not looking great.
I have a photo of her, Allisa and me
Memory I keep of us girls, all three.
Written by Suzanna C Chevalier on September 11,2011
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG by Suzanna C Chevalier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Temptation, Phil Soar
- Are you?, Chris Burrow
- El Viento's Revenge, Nika McGuin
- A Winter Walk, Phil Soar
- The Heart Foretells, Patti Masterman
- Louisiana Weather (Short), Nika McGuin
- Darling Dare, katusiime jeresi
- That And This, Indira Renganathan
- Florette's Woods, Nika McGuin
- Merger, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi