Suzanna C Chevalier
BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG
Bootsy is the family pet
I made sure she was fed
when I thought she was pregnant.
Bootsy had puppies every year
by a shaggy dog named Coco
who was the Jon Juan so dear.
Puppies where given to friends of my brother
they looked liked twins, they looked like each other.
Bootsy jumped and ran and played
in the open fields during the day.
As time went on a fence went up
Stopping her to run and jump.
She gained weight then got sick
could hardly walk, was sad from it.
I came to see her in 1988
she lay by couch, not looking great.
I have a photo of her, Allisa and me
Memory I keep of us girls, all three.
Written by Suzanna C Chevalier on September 11,2011
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BOOTSY THE FAMILY DOG by Suzanna C Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ye Mere Nayan............., sonali kumari
- Ek Eahsaas Khushi…………………, sonali kumari
- Fin!, Jim Yerman
- ANOTHER CHANCE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Black And Blue, Electric Lady
- TAX PAYER, alexander opicho
- Poem: Power Thoughts, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Do You Really Want To Live In The Past?, Ronald Chapman
- Sundar Sa Ehsas................, sonali kumari
- Kabhi Aisa Bhi Hota Hai..............., sonali kumari