Robert William Service
Elisabeth imagines I've
A yellow streak
She deems I have no dash and drive,
Jest dogoned weak.
'A man should be a man,' says Liz
'Trade blow for blow.'
Poor kid! What my position is
She jest don't know.
She jest don't know my old man killed,
Yea, slew and slew.
As steamy blood he sweetly spilled,
So could I too.
And though no wrath of heart I show
When I see red,
I fear no S. O. B. but oh
Myself I dread.
Though fellers reckon me a dope
'Tain't nice to dangle on a rope,
And like Pa die.
So as I belly to the bar
Meek is my breath . . .
No guts! --Don't needle me too far,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brave Coward by Robert William Service )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Parents' attachment., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Beloved is giver of light, Mohammad Siddiqui
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The difference between you and I., Lauren Harper
- Aag Bun Kar Kisi Din Dehak Jao Na, Akhtar Jawad
- Life, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Soul of the soul of universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Day Of Introspection, Mohammad Siddiqui
- We are all beings of light, Mohammad Siddiqui