Robert William Service
She phoned them when the Round was Eight:
'How is my Joe?' they heard her say.
They answered: 'Gee! He's going great,
Your guy's Okay.'
She phoned them when the Round was Nine:
'How is my hero in the fray?'
They yelled: 'He leads; he's doing fine,--
Joe's sure Okay.'
She phoned them when the Round was Ten:
'Is it still Okay with my Joe?'
Reluctant came the answer then,--
No Ma'am, KAYO.
Robert William Service's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: hero
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Boxer's Wife by Robert William Service )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Am the True Giselle She Said, She Did .., mary douglas
- Azul, mary douglas
- My Revenge, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Savior', Wolfie Scott
- A Prisoner, John Ugolo Umah
- Mystery Well, John Ugolo Umah
- Mother Nature's Sex Crime, A.j. Binash
- Cinderella. Cendrillon., mary douglas
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas