Mariam de Haan
Pitter-patter of their feet
I take a bite of my wafel
A man on the other side stares at me
As I slurp my slagroom
'Am I going, to leave my trash behind? '
No sir I'm a tree hugger
The flowers are like my best friend
And the bushes are like my brother
'Am I planning something crazy? '
No sir I'm a peace lover.
I plan to get a Law degree
and I would never dare cause terror
What am I really doing there?
I just slowed down to take a breath
We cannot rush through our life
Sometimes we just need a rest
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
One day I bought a wafel and sat beside a lake. This man on the other side was staring at me and this poem is an attempt of me trying to think what he was thinking of me. It's also a poem that says sometimes you just need to breathe. Let go of the appointments and meetings, sit down and breathe.
Comments about this poem (Breathing by Mariam de Haan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz