Brid Ui Mhaoluala
A fan of the late Ned Buckley the poet of Knocknagree
The last bard of Sliabh Luachra and few as great as he
Her name is Brid Ui Mhaoluala that is Irish to the core
Her husband from East Kerry from the old Town of Rathmore.
She lives in County Carlow from Sliabh Luachra four to five hours by car
Perhaps not a great distance but to walk it would seem far
A friend of Sliabh Luachra's cultural heritage she helps in no small way
For to keep the literary tradition of the Cork and Kerry border alive and well today.
A lover of the poetry of Ned Buckley a Sliabh Luachra Prince of Rhyme
His marvellous poems and ballads have withstood the test of time
It's thanks to the likes of Brid and Jack Lane and others that Ned's poems still live on
That works of such great beauty from us not forever gone.
Fair dues to Brid Ui Mhaoluala since credit she is due
To the legend of Ned Buckley she remains forever true
Of the Cork and Kerry border a literary man of note
The last bard of Sliabh Luachra he was a marvellous poet.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brid Ui Mhaoluala by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...
- AHMAD RAMI احمد رامي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Privacy Lost, Morgan Michaels
- Walking alone in your memories, Asma Riaz Khan
- No Free Lunch, Bill Cantrell
- A True Hosanna - After Reading A Poem by.., Warren Falcon
- Fight and War for Why?, Pintu Mahakul
- Life, Richard Lam
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris