Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story'
So many dreams, so many goals, so much potential.
I was suppose to be great, I was suppose to be a success,
I was suppose to something. I was brout up to be a strong man.
These simple problems was not suppose to phase me,
but now every little problem put a little bit of the worlds pressure on
me. I worked hard at everything that I have done. I have put my time,
blood, sweet, & tears into everything good in my life. But in a blink of
an eye everything I worked for was taken away from me. All that it
took was for you my wife of 12 years, the person that said that she
would love me forever, the very woman that told me 'I do.' Decided
that she wasn't in love with me anymore. She took the house, the couch & chairs, the cars, the kids, all of my money, & even the dog.
She left me a broken man, lost with no sense of direction. I was suppose to be better than this. I am suppose to be better than this.
How could I allow one person to hurt me like this to break me like this?
I was a man with so many goals, so many dreams, so much potential.
Now I'm a man just looking for a way to survive day to day
Craig Mize's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story' by Craig Mize )
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)