Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story'
So many dreams, so many goals, so much potential.
I was suppose to be great, I was suppose to be a success,
I was suppose to something. I was brout up to be a strong man.
These simple problems was not suppose to phase me,
but now every little problem put a little bit of the worlds pressure on
me. I worked hard at everything that I have done. I have put my time,
blood, sweet, & tears into everything good in my life. But in a blink of
an eye everything I worked for was taken away from me. All that it
took was for you my wife of 12 years, the person that said that she
would love me forever, the very woman that told me 'I do.' Decided
that she wasn't in love with me anymore. She took the house, the couch & chairs, the cars, the kids, all of my money, & even the dog.
She left me a broken man, lost with no sense of direction. I was suppose to be better than this. I am suppose to be better than this.
How could I allow one person to hurt me like this to break me like this?
I was a man with so many goals, so many dreams, so much potential.
Now I'm a man just looking for a way to survive day to day
Craig Mize's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story' by Craig Mize )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma