My true love ten thousand miles away
or ten million, it could be more,
the fireflies have already flied away,
but here I stand, looking forward.
The sun always rises on me
but then it sets, leaving me behind
I'm left here with no one
as darkness closes from both sides.
But I don't stand alone here,
because I know who I am,
I could be a thousand tears,
but they're all held inside a dam.
These deserts are so eroded
with empty rivers of dreams
but I already know that
I won't let you die this way.
I pinpoint your heart on my map
so I can see the way
in your arms I won't be sad,
the broken canyons form a plain
that'll take me from this land
and lead me from tomorrow's rain,
so in your arms I won't be sad,
if you really do exist,
our hearts are like broken glass
that crack at every broken wish.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Wish by Kelly Zion )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)