Doris Clore Demaree
Building a Church in the Wilderness
Building a place to worship God
Is work for everyone who wants to help.
And that's how it was with the Israelites
When God said to Moses, 'Build a tent church
And let all who are willing
Help with the building.'
The people brought what they had:
Rings and things, cloth of purple and blue.
Even animal skins he said would do for a gift.
Whatever they had they gave.
Fathers and mothers and boys and girls
Brought what they had
And gave of their skill
Until the tent for worship was done
And they could worship God
Wherever they were.
Doris Clore Demaree's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Building a Church in the Wilderness by Doris Clore Demaree )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.