Doris Clore Demaree
Elijah Proves Who The True God Is
For three years there was no rain.
The people were hungry. What could they do?
The king said to Elijah, 'Why do you
Cause so much trouble?'
'You are the one causing troubles,' said Elijah.
'You disobey the one true God.
You worship idols.
That is the trouble.'
The false prophets begged their gods to send fire.
But no fire came to burn their sacrifice.
Elijah poured water on the wood for his sacrifice.
When the wood was very wet he called upon God
To send fire.
Tremendous fire came from the sky.
It burned the wood and the water around it.
'Worship God,' said Elijah, 'and all will be well.'
Doris Clore Demaree's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elijah Proves Who The True God Is by Doris Clore Demaree )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin
- A Self-defeating Victory, Rajesh Thankappan
- One With The Infinite God, Saiom Shriver
- I See The Ground, Naveed Akram
- Tears And Smiles..., Khairul Ahsan