Burlary - from old common law
Is house breaking and entering,
With the proven intent to be
A doing some unlawful thing.
And so it comes as no surprise
That many accused, in defense,
Claim there is a legal surmise
Of lawful be there evidence.
'Why was I there? ' some accused say,
Was to do a right, not do wrong.
This excuse oft holds little sway.
The Court finds guilty and 'so long! '
According to some current laws.
A burglar would be Santa Claus.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burgle Gurgle by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Long Goodbye, Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram
- Almost a Fairy Tale, Lawrence Beck
- www at put up words, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Longing, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Cynicism….The Only One, James B. Earley
- The Beauty of Poetry, Lilly Emery