Jack and Jill just happened to meet.
Jill noticed Jack's ears were both red.
Jack said they were burned from the heat
From ironing his shirt, and he said,
While ironing, his cell phone did ring,
And startled him into a zone.
Multi tasking is not his thing.
He ironed the shirt with his cell phone.
It was like he was not awake.
What happened next is still not clear.
He answered the iron by mistake.
And, gee, that iron did burn his ear.
'What about your other ear, Jack? '
'Oh that, Jill. I got a call back.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burned Twice by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- First Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Walk like a Penguin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- No-where One, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Cry of Torn Leaf, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Amdo (love), Missau Missau
- Dynamic Frustration, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In Divine Lap of Nature, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Not towards west, gajanan mishra
- The Tributary Stanza, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Daughter, Missau Missau