But What Can You Do
For P. and S.
Who will know what I mean.
It is always sad when you hear
of a romance that has withered,
of two hearts that held a flame
that burned so bright.
Now flickers with only dying embers light.
You look on from the sidelines
knowing there is nothing you can do,
except to comfort both of them.
You cannot imagine
the pain they are going through.
You feel so helpless,
but what can you do?
7 January 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (But What Can You Do by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Drop Of Ink #1, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Dream Land, Ronald Chapman
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski