Imagine Poems - Poems For Imagine
Poems about imagine. You can read the best imagine poems. Browse through all imagine poems.
Candle Hat - Poem by Billy Collins
In most self-portraits it is the face that dominates:
Cezanne is a pair of eyes swimming in brushstrokes,
Van Gogh stares out of a halo of swirling darkness,
Rembrant looks relieved as if he were taking a breather
from painting The Blinding of Sampson.
But in this one Goya stands well back from the mirror
and is seen posed in the clutter of his studio
addressing a canvas tilted back on a tall easel.
He appears to be smiling out at us as if he knew
we would be amused by the extraordinary hat on his head
which is fitted around the brim with candle holders,
a device that allowed him to work into the night.
You can only wonder what it would be like
to be wearing such a chandelier on your head
as if you were a walking dining room or concert hall.
But once you see this hat there is no need to read
any biography of Goya or to memorize his dates.
To understand Goya you only have to imagine him
lighting the candles one by one, then placing
the hat on his head, ready for a night of work.
Imagine him surprising his wife with his new invention,
the laughing like a birthday cake when she saw the glow.
Imagine him flickering through the rooms of his house
with all the shadows flying across the walls.
Imagine a lost traveler knocking on his door
one dark night in the hill country of Spain.
"Come in, " he would say, "I was just painting myself,"
as he stood in the doorway holding up the wand of a brush,
illuminated in the blaze of his famous candle hat.
Comments about Candle Hat by Billy Collins
Poems About Imagine
- 1. Candle Hat , Billy Collins
- 2. My Imagination , Theo Williams
- 3. ! Imagine Angels , Michael Shepherd
- 4. *_-~~ Imagine ~~-_* , Thad Wilk
- 5. Thurso’s Landing , Robinson Jeffers
- 6. Do You? , unknown poet
- 7. Imagine , Jessica Robert
- 8. When The Whole World Goes Wrong , Anusha Subramanian
- 9. Imagine , Joe Rosochacki
- 10. Imagine , Leslie Alexis
- 11. 30 Years Too Late , Charlie F. Kane
- 12. A Committed Man In This Lagoon. , Thampi KEE
- 13. Happiness , ~ cari$ma ~ Dewan
- 14. Since You Are Far, I Imagine , Abhilash Pillai
- 15. Imagine , Joey Nissen
- 16. A Desire To Excel , Deependra Kumar Jha
- 17. Imagine , Vishal Sharma
- 18. ******missin' An Enemy******* , Sonia H.
- 19. Afterthought... , Aparna Chatterjee
- 20. (part 2) Imagine (Surreal Thoughts) , Nathan Strange
- 21. I Never Imagine, I See , Aftab Alam
- 22. The Afterlife: Letter To Sam Hamill , Hayden Carruth
- 23. Imagine-An Erotic John Lennon Parody , Ramona Thompson
- 24. Imagine , Abdul Wahab
- 25. Imagining Love , Fay Slimm
- 26. Winter Less Heaven. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 27. I Am Hopelessly Hoping For You Sweetie , Nyota Yasulwe
- 28. I Can Not Imagine , Kasia Fedyk
- 29. Surprises 2 , David Harris
- 30. The World Of Poets , ramesh rai
- 31. Imagine If The World Is Empty , MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
- 32. Children Of The Slums , Rii Abela
- 33. Imagination , ramesh rai
- 34. An Explanation Of America: A Love Of Death , Robert Pinsky
- 35. Being So. , Winnie Angel
- 36. Every Little Thing , Aislinn Armstrong
- 37. How I Let You Fool Me , Aislinn Armstrong
- 38. Imagine, You Are Not Here , gajanan mishra
- 39. And Time The Green Unfurling Ferns Frond , Mark Heathcote
- 40. Reverence , Johnny Ferrari
- 41. Imagine , Tatyana 'Churlish Cherub' Al ..
- 42. Life Without Love , Lora Colon
- 43. Fame , Sean Lee
- 44. My Lost Soul , Shelly Price
- 45. Two Volcanoes , Atef Ayadi
- 46. A Crazy Dream , JAMES T. ADAIR
- 47. The Unknown Solider , neil derek singleton
- 48. Imagine , genesis learny
- 49. Prison , Melpomene's Tears
- 50. Love , Jamey Davidson
New Imagine Poems
- I Can'T Imagine, Michael P. McParland
- Just Imagine, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Imagine, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Life, Joshua Tipton
- Children Of The Slums, Rii Abela
- Floral Sunsets.................., Eva Tortora
- Imagine A Man, Kaye Harvey
- It Was Indefinitely Impossible, Nikhil Parekh
- Let's Imagine.., Shachi Kaul
- Bananas, mazHur Butt
- carpe diem