C. Michelle Olson
Butterfly Butterfly Take Flight
Take me on a magical journey of your carefree life.
Such beauty you possess.
To my surprise, right beneath my eyes, you transform into a vision with extraordinary beauty and bright colors.
Let me fly the skies with you, take my cares away as we fly away.
Flying through the air without a care, we are visiting mother nature.
A flower is drawing me near to study its beauty.
Its aroma I smell relaxes my senses as I feel no more tension.
Calm is what I am. I stay, no movement until I have had my fill.
Where is the next nature's call? I cannot stall.
I fly off towards a hummingbird. What a beautiful creature.
I fly as fast as I try to catch up, without letting up.
I am near, I admire, then I am off on my next flight, Where to?
My final landing, an inviting tree, I have a spot nestled high in the branches.
I fall fast asleep and am still.
My fanciful natured journey has left me tired.
I quickly retire myself to my beautiful home~
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Butterfly Butterfly Take Flight by C. Michelle Olson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam
- Perfection Beyond Yin Yang, Monk E. Biz
- Joint campaign, hasmukh amathalal
- Women of Tahrir Square, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Victory is ours, gajanan mishra
- Teacher, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal