When the Sun goes down
Will I draw the curtains, smiling
or leave them stubbornly open and yearn for another dawn?
When last orders are called
Will I have sent everyone home
or will there be a ' lock in?
When the crickets play their loudest
Will their gently lullaby send me a slumber
or will it torment me and not let me rest?
Will I die alone or surrounded by love?
I hope my time is not called too early!
As much as I hope I am not left, powerless, waiting.
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Call Time by Stevie Taite )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma