Calling Out To The Shadows
Sometime I feel so lonely
touching on to despair
calling out to the shadows
in hope there is someone there.
No voices reply to me
only the silence of loneliness
that oozes through the corridors
I walk along each night.
No flicker from candlelight
to throw shadows on the wall
only a long silence
with never an end in sight.
I can see the shafts of moonlight
through windows no longer there,
the stars through the holes
where there was a roof
as the world revolves around me
a ghost from the past.
24 October 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Calling Out To The Shadows by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman