Calling Out To The Shadows
Sometime I feel so lonely
touching on to despair
calling out to the shadows
in hope there is someone there.
No voices reply to me
only the silence of loneliness
that oozes through the corridors
I walk along each night.
No flicker from candlelight
to throw shadows on the wall
only a long silence
with never an end in sight.
I can see the shafts of moonlight
through windows no longer there,
the stars through the holes
where there was a roof
as the world revolves around me
a ghost from the past.
24 October 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Calling Out To The Shadows by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace