Terence G. Craddock
Can You Own The Sky Who Owns The Sky?
can you own the days and the sky?
can you own the days or do you count the days?
counting the days till pay day till Friday
till the weekend until holidays till parties
until the next beer wine cigarette joint stimulent?
can you own the sky who owns the sky?
I own the sky each time longing driven smiling
I look up into the sky feel sun wind on face smiling
I look up into the sky feel laughter on breeze flirting
I look up into the sky feel feel rain from clouds bursting
I own the sky grey skies or blue I share skies with you
I own the bird songs relentless waves beach washing in too
I own the breath I breathe sky rights rural I share with you
I own each day creative tired in joy possibilities I gift to you
sometimes I own the days and the sky sharing with you
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence G. Craddock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Can You Own The Sky Who Owns The Sky? by Terence G. Craddock )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Man Who Died, Lawrence Beck
- The Cantos, Nassy Fesharaki
- Passage From Trinidad, Angela Wybrow
- We are two Inharmonious Worlds as a Cry, Fatima Nusairat
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton