You were falling,
Falling into a sea of nonexistance.
I remember the feel of your presence,
Dark, cold, lonely.
Skin and bones you were,
I loved the memories,
Of us dancing in Summer.
I now hate the memories,
You have become.
You were my heart,
I was your brain.
The deep brown of your eyes,
they matched mine.
I will not forget them,
I will never forget,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cancer. by Ariana Richardson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Your Love Is, Michael McParland
- Living A Life I Profess, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devotional Plead to the Universal Mother*, Tushar Ray
- Living Life I Profess, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Self-learning School, Tushar Ray
- Theo van B, Hugh Mitchell
- Feather Rose haiku, Kayla Daley
- Daytime shooting star, Kayla Daley
- Yin yang tattoo Tanka, Kayla Daley
- Rain, Jordy lustig