Candy you're a heartful
The child of a gypsy star,
Gazing through a frosted web
Describing who you are.
Many think to know you
Seeing what you want to show,
Spinning ripples on the sea
Unfathomed depths below.
Breathless in confusion
Chords and colours fill your mind,
Unscripted scores of fantasy
That leaves their world behind.
Candy they can't see you
Letting light come in between,
They're dazzled in a spectrum
Misinterpreting the dream.
Copyright© Alan Gilbert 2012
Alan Gilbert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candy by Alan Gilbert )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Out of Jouissance II, Ali Ashjaee
- Out of Jouissance I, Ali Ashjaee
- An Ode to Madness, Ali Ashjaee
- TANYA ROSENBILT FUCKS ISRAELI, alexander opicho
- Secret, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Inspirations, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Pity, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Witch, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Measures Of Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Yellowhammer, Ruth Manning-Sanders