Canvas Of Green
My little boy is painting,
in every single hue,
In broad and even sweeps,
he paints the sky light blue.
His forest is resplendent,
a verdant mossy glade;
As creeping ferns create,
a cool, refreshing shade!
Dappled leaves are glistening,
Pure emerald in green light;
Muted jade reflects,
an elm in all its might.
My little son continues,
his brush a magic wand;
Deftly, he creates,
a gold green leafy frond.
'Look Ma! ' he says, perplexed,
'My greens are nearly over...'
And promptly paints a patch
of lucky four leafed clover!
We pause and look around us,
a stark and concrete scene,
We cannot see a single hue,
of cool, refeshing green...
My wise and gentle little one,
Now wants to plant a tree,
To fill God's canvas with more green,
the way it's meant to be.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Canvas Of Green by Roann Mendriq )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- True Love, Michael P. McParland
- Solitudinarian, hafiz qasim
- The Secret, Hazel Durham
- MG CLUB, lee fones
- True Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Coma, Fabrizio Frosini
- Tribute To The Pet Shop Boys, Michael P. McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael P. McParland
- Hail! The Coming Year, Anthony Di'anno
- Treat, Michael P. McParland