Lawrence S. Pertillar
Cavalcade Of Scars
It shouldn't take a parading,
Of a cavalcade of scars...
To display on a daily basis.
To detect the affects...
Are not inflicted upon them,
From those locked up behind prison bars.
A reception of acceptance done,
With performances to exude an intelligence...
That explains why painful events exist,
Without intervening to prevent any of it.
And yet they purchase more weapons to get,
To protect their freedoms with a selfish ignorance.
A common sense is not mentioned.
And seems to offend those behind fences.
Although an attention is given,
To those parading in a cavalcade to display their scars...
With answers to their questions,
They refuse to face.
Or eliminate a targeted hatred,
Found in their own backyards.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cavalcade Of Scars by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Blue Booby, James Tate
- Shroud of the Gnome, James Tate
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate