Lawrence S. Pertillar
Cavalcade Of Scars
It shouldn't take a parading,
Of a cavalcade of scars...
To display on a daily basis.
To detect the affects...
Are not inflicted upon them,
From those locked up behind prison bars.
A reception of acceptance done,
With performances to exude an intelligence...
That explains why painful events exist,
Without intervening to prevent any of it.
And yet they purchase more weapons to get,
To protect their freedoms with a selfish ignorance.
A common sense is not mentioned.
And seems to offend those behind fences.
Although an attention is given,
To those parading in a cavalcade to display their scars...
With answers to their questions,
They refuse to face.
Or eliminate a targeted hatred,
Found in their own backyards.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cavalcade Of Scars by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney