CCCC My real-life Indian Rapunzel and hairdo
D poem, its as long n epic as my sister's long hair ;)
My sis has long locks of hair that flow to the floor
Gosh, they get caught everywhere on hinges and door!
When tangled, her entire willowy frame gets entangled in it
and then she has to resort to her hairdressing kit.
Alas then she gets pretty confused how to do her hair
At times rendering her fed-up with all that conditioning care
Beauty needs patience to plait all that into a pigtail
Yet winking at a pöny's tail pic she ties her own ponytail.
For special occasions she would perm or curl her wavy lustrous locks
and then return it later to the straight bushy tail of a fox
From french plaits she next tried out other intricate braids
or she fixed her hair in the very latest craze
There are times when she got tired of it and thought of a haircut
Maybe it's easier to manage cropped hair, boy-cut or bob-cut.
Yet in her boudoir one day I found her in a bouffant hairdo
So many ways to do löng hair that she ends up without a clue!
Ah it tumbles down in a pitch black luxuriant cascade
Her soft tufts don't end in split ends, rough bristles or blade
And gosh her fringe cut fervours too were only a passing fad
Eh and it's quite a task to trim long hair even if just a tad
And whenever her tresses tumbled down
to touch the passive floor
Overawed folks oohed and aahed
at the length it massive bore!
Ah unlike short hair, löng hair tis hairstyle versatile
She can pull it back and twist it into a smooth knot called chignon
Plait it, braid it, comb it, pin it
or let it fly as the gentle breeze caresses her tresses
as it brushes, sweeps the lawn!
So even when struck with lassitude and bonnie lassie's done with hairdo fun
She shan't leave it to look lack-lustre, she'd roll it into a bun.
And sometimes I do catch her thanking God for her enviable tresses
for God whomsoever He wills with such rare blessings blesses!
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CCCC My real-life Indian Rapunzel and hairdo by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
- The stars of respect is the smile of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)