Lawrence S. Pertillar
It is difficult to serve someone,
Who has been provoked by another...
With a cease and desist order
Of a retaliation done
Initiated by the provoking one!
A cease-fire may be desired,
But who should be supported...
To abort what has been inflicted?
Should it be the ones who did the striking first?
Or those who sat...
Putting up with this?
Especially when all players on the field...
Have clearly expressed the feeding of deceit.
Flying high and comforted,
On a merry-go-round of lies...
All choose to see end,
In a victory of a peace complete.
When every ego behind the scenes,
Have already divided into greedy pieces!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cease-fire by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon
- VOICE OF REDEMPTION, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- And...Enter The Children, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quickened Methods To Destroy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman
- world war one, lee fones
- My Love, My God, Lilly Emery