In the foreground we see time and life
swept in a race
toward the left hand side of the picture
where shore meets shore.
But that meeting place
it doesn't occur on the canvas.
For the other side of the bay
is Heaven and Eternity,
with a bleak white haze over its mountains.
And the immense water of L'Estaque is a go-between
for minute rowboats.
Allen Ginsberg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cezanne's Ports by Allen Ginsberg )
Did you read them?
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi