Chased To My Death
The brumby runs with ease.
I can’t stop running with the danger do near he thinks.
He runs through a river but can’t stop to drink,
I must keep running,
but what is it that I’m running from?
Is it a predator?
No it wouldn’t be making this much noise.
Is it another stallion?
No he would off faced me not tried to sneak up on me.
So what am I running from?
I can smell something as I run through the familiar cannons.
This smell is un-natural,
It reeks and burns my nostrils.
As I round the corner something wraps around my neck.
Then something else finds it way around my neck.
But I never miss a beat,
I thunder on.
Then something blocks my exit,
The next thing I see is the dirt ground.
My body slams to the ground.
Then there were ropes around my feet, muzzle, neck,
I can see horses.
These horses were different.
They had rope around there muzzles and up around their ears,
There were objects on their backs,
That were tied around their bellies.
Then I saw what had chased me.
It was mankind,
And he had chased me to my death.
Me, the last brumby.
M.J. Henderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chased To My Death by M.J. Henderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Make Excuses, Ronell Warren Alman
- Keeping You Alive, Natalie Evans
- The Men of War, Maverick Jones
- On Writing, Michelle Claus
- i want love to be startled, Mandolyn Davidson
- Sorrow's Free Will, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Eris, Goddess of Strife, Elia Michael
- Lord or latrine, gajanan mishra
- With fires in heaven, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I met a man with orange hair, Richard Lee