Chasing Glory Amidst The Ordinary
As much as we yearn for our glory,
We're still confined to the life of an ordinary,
Wherein dreams are repressed, and
Desires are suppressed.
Wherein talent is kept hidden, and
Living on passions is forbidden.
Such is our society of today, that
We neglect the sun but still chase its ray.
What morality is this?
What authenticity is this?
What luxury is this?
What poverty is this?
Honor the hedonist in you.
For it is still a part of you.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chasing Glory Amidst The Ordinary by Suraj Samtani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski
- Party Favors, Alan W. Jankowski
- Let Me Be The One, Alan W. Jankowski