Chasing Glory Amidst The Ordinary
As much as we yearn for our glory,
We're still confined to the life of an ordinary,
Wherein dreams are repressed, and
Desires are suppressed.
Wherein talent is kept hidden, and
Living on passions is forbidden.
Such is our society of today, that
We neglect the sun but still chase its ray.
What morality is this?
What authenticity is this?
What luxury is this?
What poverty is this?
Honor the hedonist in you.
For it is still a part of you.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chasing Glory Amidst The Ordinary by Suraj Samtani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata