I watched the Chicago skyline
Become bright at the height of twilight
On a rooftop twenty-nine flights
I felt the daily fight
Die down as the world around
Changed from day to night.
The darkness fell
But failed to consume.
The lights were on with
Humans in full-bloom.
The drinks then poured
That freedom to assume.
On that lonely walk home
You just whistled a pleasant tune.
We watched the Chicago skyline
Until dawn switched on the metro lines
And a million people began moving in time
To their improvised versions of life
Their life, their lives.
Follow the rhythms throughout the day
but only in it's time should you ever stay
Otherwise create one all your own and
prepare to dance with a few or to just dance alone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chicago by Floyd Crenshaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi