Chicago through my eyes
Chicago is a city that never sleeps
From parties to clubs to talk shows and make over’s
Wake up to the sound of a bird that peeps
To men that acts like a 4 leaf clover.
To Mr. Confidence that stands on thin ice
Your life is what people see it as
Make it something, make it roll like dice.
Expensive diamonds that should be in class
But comes last as thunder comes after love.
What is Chicago to the people who live?
Death is my only hope for a white dove.
To a community that arrive in five.
It’s just a city I call home for now
So let me stand up and take a bow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chicago through my eyes by tationa triplett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez