Chidioch Tichborne (1558-1586)
On September the nineteenth 1586 in London Tower
When the bloom of his young life was decaying like a flower
Dying in the cool winds of the early Fall
In words his tragic life he did recall.
Chidioch Tichborne to something beautiful to gave life
In his farewell elegy to Agnes his wife
An elegy still read and popular today
True greatness can be slow for to meet decay.
Accused as being in a failed plot to murder Elizabeth England's Queen
His best days as a poet he had not seen
Hung drawn and quartered a brutal way to die
Such a death to justice surely gives the lie.
Executed in his twenty eight year even in those times that was young
But he did not remain as one unsung
His gift of life may have been snatched from him in his prime
But his life story and his elegy have withstood the test of time.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chidioch Tichborne (1558-1586) by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor