The most enjoying period in one's life,
Is the exciting childhood life.
There is so much time for play,
And also make things with clay.
We make many friends,
And chat away to no ends.
There is no need to worry,
Or to be in a hurry.
There are no tensions,
For we do'nt look for pensions.
Such a quiet, pleasant life,
Is the wonderful Childhood life.
There is no need to carry loads,
Or work day in and out laying roads.
But a much simpler job-Studying,
Which is the only short cut for prospering.
Oh! childhood, how I wish to get it back,
But could recollect memories preserved in a rack.
So friend, enjoy the childhood to the content of the heart,
But without neglecting the studies part.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Childhood by Ananth Patri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Poetry Round, Keith Johnson
- Thursday Morning, Keith Johnson
- 8 bloody moons, Richard Thripp
- Two Way Guilt, Michael McParland
- Two Lost Souls, Michael McParland
- Turn To The Light, Michael McParland
- True Beauty, Michael McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael McParland
- Melancholy, Allison Benis White
- Treat, Michael McParland