Come over, come over the deepening river,
Come over again the dark torrent of years,
Come over, come back where the green leaves quiver,
And the lilac still blooms and the grey sky clears.
Come, come back to the everlasting garden,
To that green heaven, and the blue heaven above.
Come back to the time when time brought no burden
And love was unconscious, knowing not love.
John Freeman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Childhood Calls by John Freeman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABETUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal