Come over, come over the deepening river,
Come over again the dark torrent of years,
Come over, come back where the green leaves quiver,
And the lilac still blooms and the grey sky clears.
Come, come back to the everlasting garden,
To that green heaven, and the blue heaven above.
Come back to the time when time brought no burden
And love was unconscious, knowing not love.
John Freeman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Childhood Calls by John Freeman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- With fires in heaven, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I met a man with orange hair, Richard Lee
- What Is Life?, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The world is not in ruins, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Vineyard, Naveed Khalid
- Love The Train Set, Margaret Alice Second
- A God-Game..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- job hunting (in our household), lee fones
- The Seasons Within Us, Melissa Furey
- Writer's Block, Roilynn brown