Dr John Celes
God made you two as man and wife,
And live as one in earthly life;
The two bodies are now one flesh;
In Jesus Christ, you dwell, refresh.
No one on earth can separate,
Two souls ‘en way’ to Heaven’s Gate;
The marriage vows you took ’fore Lord,
Come sanctified by Divine Word.
For, Matrimony- sacrament,
Was made by Christ, a monument;
Forever love must then prevail,
Whatever comes as strife, travail.
When Christ suffered for sins of ours,
And shed His blood by death on cross,
Our suffering on earth is naught;
In joy of after-life, we’re caught!
God helps us brave all storms in life,
And timely aids us in all strife;
In Him, our faith should grow always
Until we pass our earthly days!
Ne’er fear: for God ne’er will forsake
The souls who live for His own sake;
Nor will He ever abandon
His righteous ones, the least even.
Believe the Lord and all He says;
Success on earth too comes in days;
Prepare your soul with grace always;
A Christian true has won the race!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-14-2007
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christian Marriage by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- Thrills and spills(Hindi translation), Thampi KEE
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey