Dr John Celes
God made you two as man and wife,
And live as one in earthly life;
The two bodies are now one flesh;
In Jesus Christ, you dwell, refresh.
No one on earth can separate,
Two souls ‘en way’ to Heaven’s Gate;
The marriage vows you took ’fore Lord,
Come sanctified by Divine Word.
For, Matrimony- sacrament,
Was made by Christ, a monument;
Forever love must then prevail,
Whatever comes as strife, travail.
When Christ suffered for sins of ours,
And shed His blood by death on cross,
Our suffering on earth is naught;
In joy of after-life, we’re caught!
God helps us brave all storms in life,
And timely aids us in all strife;
In Him, our faith should grow always
Until we pass our earthly days!
Ne’er fear: for God ne’er will forsake
The souls who live for His own sake;
Nor will He ever abandon
His righteous ones, the least even.
Believe the Lord and all He says;
Success on earth too comes in days;
Prepare your soul with grace always;
A Christian true has won the race!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-14-2007
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christian Marriage by Dr John Celes )
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
- For the Taste, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)