Dr John Celes
God made you two as man and wife,
And live as one in earthly life;
The two bodies are now one flesh;
In Jesus Christ, you dwell, refresh.
No one on earth can separate,
Two souls ‘en way’ to Heaven’s Gate;
The marriage vows you took ’fore Lord,
Come sanctified by Divine Word.
For, Matrimony- sacrament,
Was made by Christ, a monument;
Forever love must then prevail,
Whatever comes as strife, travail.
When Christ suffered for sins of ours,
And shed His blood by death on cross,
Our suffering on earth is naught;
In joy of after-life, we’re caught!
God helps us brave all storms in life,
And timely aids us in all strife;
In Him, our faith should grow always
Until we pass our earthly days!
Ne’er fear: for God ne’er will forsake
The souls who live for His own sake;
Nor will He ever abandon
His righteous ones, the least even.
Believe the Lord and all He says;
Success on earth too comes in days;
Prepare your soul with grace always;
A Christian true has won the race!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-14-2007
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christian Marriage by Dr John Celes )
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns