Christmas, full of joy, happiness, and love;
Surrounded by families, friends, and loved ones;
Yet, this christmas is far too lonely.
Never have I spent a christmas with heartache,
Sorrow, and tears before.
I've tried to prevent that from happening,
But i've failed.
Once again, i've let my emotions take over,
Couldn't bear the fact i'm lonely, and careless;
These friends i've got do no good,
Old lovers' memories play in my head,
What more could I have possibly done to keep the love going on?
When the other side didn't want to carry on what we had,
But i'm careless, insulting, and bruising now,
There's no such meaning to love as how it used to be long time ago,
Which makes christmas hopeless,
But for others, its joyful and bright.
And this is how I've spent christmas in 2007,
Tear drops from heartache of a lover to be,
But had to fall apart,
Away from family and friends,
I'll never forget this dead christmas.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas 2007 by Petra Soliman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- i want to hug you, like really hug you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Wash away, Jessica Dehn
- The Thrill Has Gone, Robert Melliard
- सच बात है यही। SACH BAAT, hasmukh amathalal
- Those Sweetened Beaten Bushes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Immature Minds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- King James, David Lessard
- Waves, gajanan mishra
- having a stroke inside a straight line, Mandolyn Davidson
- leaving is losing a million things to say, Mandolyn Davidson