Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Christmas and Detoxification
Food, drinks and presents,
Lavish food and lavish giving
Christmas parties, Christmas delights,
Christmas trees and sparkling lights!
Christmas for families and loved ones
Christmas for haves and have-nots,
Time for spending, time for eating
Time for giving, time for sharing.
Detox Christmas from excesses
Seen only from what can be fished
Out from our accounts and wallets,
from what we can feed our tummies.
Detox Christmas by welcoming
The gift of Love and Grace into
our being, removing toxins of greed,
of hate, fear, and doubt in human heart.
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas and Detoxification by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul