Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Christmas and Detoxification
Food, drinks and presents,
Lavish food and lavish giving
Christmas parties, Christmas delights,
Christmas trees and sparkling lights!
Christmas for families and loved ones
Christmas for haves and have-nots,
Time for spending, time for eating
Time for giving, time for sharing.
Detox Christmas from excesses
Seen only from what can be fished
Out from our accounts and wallets,
from what we can feed our tummies.
Detox Christmas by welcoming
The gift of Love and Grace into
our being, removing toxins of greed,
of hate, fear, and doubt in human heart.
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas and Detoxification by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders