Is Christmas dying?
Holly that hang from the door is disappearing,
Lights don’t shine so bright.
Christmas goodwill and spirit is hard to be found,
Feeling I’ve found my scrooge.
Is it now that I’ve grown I see a different picture,
Not so tinted in green and gifts.
Santa filling my stocking,
Everything such a dream through a child eyes.
Nativity plays being played at school,
The birth of Christ instilled into our lives.
Life is changing with so many different cultures and beliefs.
Will the true meaning be lost?
When we have people digging a hole with their wallets.
Christmas is not about the biggest present,
Or how much money you’ve spent.
Christmas for me is about love,
Giving it through goodwill, with a smile or just being there.
People may lose faith in religion,
Never lose faith in Christmas,
Christmas is love!
Joseph Tanner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Love! by Joseph Tanner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- an early morning canvass, RIC S. BASTASA
- A Nation I Lack Of Notion, Halla Ingimars
- a little philosophy, RIC S. BASTASA
- No More Sorrow, Dr. Emmanuel Moore Abolo
- AMONG THE PRETTY PEBBLES مابين الحصوات ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Let me see my life, gajanan mishra
- Y/.. Gold, Aufie Zophy
- A LONE JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Time Of Discontent, Richard Provencher
- I am the citizen of the world, gajanan mishra