Cleanliness (is very important) .
They say ' cleanliness is a must
We need dust nor any rust.
Students come here neat and clean
Roughness is not liked by any dean.
She comes to sweep when we are teaching
Worthy lessons to students we are preaching.
Dust disturbs, sound perturbs us all
This anxiety to us should not fall.
If she doesn't come in dawns silence
We will think over her absence.
For this job, she should not come
How much the dismissal be solemn.'
Helpless husband puts forth the thought
'Jobless I am; I take up her lot.
I shall come to sweep in her place
In penury, light sum is a grace. '.
Aastha Poddar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Comments about this poem (Cleanliness (is very important) . by Aastha Poddar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Hunter, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Glasses, Edgar Albert Guest
- Laddies, Edgar Albert Guest
- Greatness, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Sorrow Tugs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rich, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Boy That Was, Edgar Albert Guest
- At The Door, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Going Home For Christmas, Edgar Albert Guest
- Canning Time, Edgar Albert Guest