Cleanliness (is very important) .
They say ' cleanliness is a must
We need dust nor any rust.
Students come here neat and clean
Roughness is not liked by any dean.
She comes to sweep when we are teaching
Worthy lessons to students we are preaching.
Dust disturbs, sound perturbs us all
This anxiety to us should not fall.
If she doesn't come in dawns silence
We will think over her absence.
For this job, she should not come
How much the dismissal be solemn.'
Helpless husband puts forth the thought
'Jobless I am; I take up her lot.
I shall come to sweep in her place
In penury, light sum is a grace. '.
Aastha Poddar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Comments about this poem (Cleanliness (is very important) . by Aastha Poddar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram
- Elvis Presley, lee fones
- Catching fish, gajanan mishra