Clown In Waiting
Everyone has a funny story
that has happen to them.
I have quite a few
which makes me a clown in waiting.
At the time they were not funny,
however looking back now
the embarrassment has gone
and years have passed.
You think why did I do that?
It was probably immaturity
or being over zealous
that those silly mistakes were made.
Now as you sit down with friends
and talk about years gone by.
You recall these funny stories,
giving everyone a damn good laugh.
You smile to yourself,
hoping you don’t make mistakes like that again.
You know you will
as you are a clown in waiting.
23 January 2009
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clown In Waiting by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Prosperity Milking Cow Of Good, sallam yassin
- A Blank Page, Elia Michael
- Three Score and Ten, Frank Avon
- Mary Key, Lilly Emery
- ACES AND EIGHTS (The dead man's hand), Alexander Onoja
- Love Is A Feeling, Lilly Emery
- I saw my father, in silhouette, Thomas Leathandrum
- What are these days? !, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What are these days?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Flower In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)