Clown In Waiting
Everyone has a funny story
that has happen to them.
I have quite a few
which makes me a clown in waiting.
At the time they were not funny,
however looking back now
the embarrassment has gone
and years have passed.
You think why did I do that?
It was probably immaturity
or being over zealous
that those silly mistakes were made.
Now as you sit down with friends
and talk about years gone by.
You recall these funny stories,
giving everyone a damn good laugh.
You smile to yourself,
hoping you don’t make mistakes like that again.
You know you will
as you are a clown in waiting.
23 January 2009
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clown In Waiting by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Heat, Evageline Echo
- Do what is fair, gajanan mishra
- Be aware of rules, gajanan mishra
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz