Cold August Night
Junior in high school,
An amazing friend,
She hides a big secret from the whole world.
She wishes she could die.
She cuts her wrist at night.
She lays in bed and cries.
Yet faces everyone with a smile on her face.
The marks stay hidden,
She lies about them.
Everyone she loved...
Turned into her enemies.
She cant take the secrets and pain anymore...
She finally gives up
Sits in her room that cold August night
Presses the blade till she dies
No one will understand,
Why she wanted to die.
Ashley Kolakowski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cold August Night by Ashley Kolakowski )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote