Cold Eyes Of Injustice
I'm impressed with the ease by which
you could sit back and idly observe,
while I was degraded and demeaned
by he who attempted to create the illusion
His antagonistic approach?
Clearly and purposely personal,
far beyond the realm of necessity,
complete with snide comments
and a mocking smirk
I may have stumbled, wavered
and lost balance...
...even questioned my value
as a woman
...But I did not crumble
You may have shattered my heart,
my dreams, my love...
...But I still held my head high
and spoke my truth
You may have clarified doubts
I had not only that love beats
for me within your cold heart...
...But that there is even a heart in
in your chest that beats
In the end....
...You never saw the light of day
for many a day and more
was almost worth
all the destruction and damage done...
CarolAnne Spalding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cold Eyes Of Injustice by CarolAnne Spalding )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmai Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar