Sometimes I can be zany-zony orange
Crazy as a loon, Light as Splenda
Popping here and there,
Floating in the air
Oh, so debonair
Bright orange hair.
I leap off the ceiling
Tell stupid jokes.
Slide up the walls,
Turn inside-outside somersaults,
You never know what I’ll say,
Where I’ll go, What I’ll do
When I am feeling orange.
Most of the time I am green.
The deep, rich foresty green
Of elves and oaks and moss-beds,
The solemn, sapient, throbbing green
Of fairy-kissed fiddleheads.
I withdraw like a dryad into his trunk,
Reclusive writer I become,
Creating, thinking, lost in my soliloquy,
The lamplight shining on my Muse and me
In our clandestine fernery,
As we discuss the finer points
of phantasmagoric reverie.
We jot down thought and wonder both,
And tap down fantasy all our own,
With the living green flowing free
From Mind to Hands to Paper.
I think of Hyperbole
And maybe even Haiku.
And when my Muse retires,
I curl up in midst my down,
and watch the peril, danger, strife,
victory, sorrow, joy, and life
Of others when I’m green.
Sophia White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Color Me! by Sophia White )
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
- A Wrenched Knee, Jeff Gangwer
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dear soldior hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Breakfast with a ghost hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)