Cometh The End
Deadly toxins played their part,
Move with caution gentle heart,
Your darling is in a coma.
Whatever you say, compliments you pay
Will not be heard, her mind's faraway.
Your Baby is in a beautiful coma.
Cover her lightly as you did long ago
Touch her cheek ~ let your teardrops flow
Your 'one and only' is in a coma.
Angels tell us, her life's at an end
Soon up to heaven your darling will ascend
And her silent coma will be over.
....Yes, It Will Be Over....
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cometh The End by Joyce Hemsley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Indian Serenade, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Adnate to the Funicle, Robert Ronnow
- Lime-trees, Dr John Celes
- South Bronx, Robert Ronnow
- The Slow Dimension, Sare Sayidi
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow
- Destiny! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Valentino's Victory Lap, Charles Hancock
- A Best friend to someone like me, Yselle Lucas