Components of a Gem
Friendship is a gem and if it should land our way
We must treasure its worth -- the essence
of its delicacy.
Today we're friends, but tomorrow may unveil
Flaws we somehow missed, defects we cannot adopt
cause qualms not meant to be.
Take not for granted your friend
To censure or mold
Dedication is a capital element of
preserving will to endure.
Friendship can enhance our lives and bear the greatest abuse
But when misused and exploited fragments loosen
To know friendship in an honor as well as a harmony within
Aimed to add beauty to our lives, for the heart to cherish
Design a sanctuary inside its secret cavity.
Because without, this gem risks disintegration.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Components of a Gem by Janette Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Study, Clare Walsh
- Have patience like the earth, gajanan mishra
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...