Little King of Sorrows
Don't think he isn't on to you.
You not the mom I thought I knew,
These vicious lies you claim are true.
Although my savior sets me free,
You're quick to judge my life you see.
Playing God Self-righteously.
You thrive upon hypocracy.
Crooked path's you surely stroll.
A river of styxx you pay the toll.
If pearly gates remain your goal,
The Lord's rebuke must play a roll.
A magician and her rabbit.
You choke it as you grab it.
You claim the truth by habit.
But a back that's turned you stab it.
Sleight of hand, you thieve and steal.
Where they go, you don't reveal.
I don't fret, it's no bid deal.
Imagine how your God must feel.
Knowing well of how you sin.
You sell your soul to claim a win.
My torment sadly makes you grin.
To hurt my rep, you call 'All in'.
All you speak, the Angels hear,
You taunt and tease, then act in fear.
Progical son you don't revere.
He gifts you ease, you scorn him tear.
Wicked plots you do conspire.
The seeds I sow, you set afire.
My humble soul doth surely tire,
I dodge your stones upon this wire.
How dark this mind in which you dwell?
Tis more than words I hear you tell.
Who bid thee right my soul to sell?
You scream at me ' Go burn in hell'.
The guilt not found upon your face.
I walk in peace, you stalk and chase.
I run to God, you quicken pace.
I seek and end, you build a case.
No peace of mind, although you could.
Repent your ways, but never would.
Truth is light, God's way is good,
But you don't play like Christians should.
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Conviction by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Mark Strand
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor
- When I am able to do what I like عندما ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Poemhunter, Khairul Ahsan
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- In their ears, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten
- The Story That Doesn't End, Sierra Staten
- Combined Simple Aspect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Person and Personality, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK