Coronation of a King
Finally crowned king of this world!
He'd come along roads and across rivers,
He was the man from the other world,
He wasn't deterred by estrangement,
He didn't know the way back,
Nor did he want to tread that path,
All he wanted was to cruise ahead,
To trample down the new tracks,
Not to take those beaten paths.
Corridors of power mapped in his brain,
Just marched ahead with a steely intent.
Power over people and power over the world,
Readily renounced control over himself,
Lost all power he had over himself,
For power over people and the world.
Thus he roamed the corridors of power,
Waiting for the day he'd be king,
The coronation over, power gained,
But I await the day he'd rue the loss,
The lost control over his own life.
Saju Abraham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Coronation of a King by Saju Abraham )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing a loved mate, Ananta Madhavan
- Tears Imprisoned, The Astronomer
- Night Of Creative Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Love Story..., John Ugolo Umah
- nothing says nothing like this, Mandolyn Davidson
- Ripples Of The Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- she came across in Wrangler jeans, Bloar Heir
- A Boy and His Dog, Kewayne Wadley