Corruptable Platforms, Or The Light At A Four Way Stop
Assess the situation.
Green is progress,
Yellow is unsure and timid,
Red is threatening and forboding.
These are the signs by which we all must live.
The colorblind die a tragic flaming death.
Twisted metal piercing ventricles.
Release the threatening forboding.
Shards and shrapnel, glass and gore.
This means stop.
This must stop.
See the red.
Have a reaction.
Make a decision.
While one side sees green the other sees red.
The progress of one often hinders another.
The crossroads become conjested.
The traffic of conflicting points of view.
There must be order.
There is no order.
Order is an illusion.
Colorblindness infects those at the crossroads.
The warning signs are present, but no one can see the red.
We've met at the intersection.
The question is not what is the right path.
The right path is clear to those who will see.
The question now is only who is behind the wheel?
Will they choose to heed the warning signs?
They plan our destruction in the name of progress.
Seth Proch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corruptable Platforms, Or The Light At A Four Way Stop by Seth Proch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- In the far meadowland, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I Can See Beyond The Hills, I Can Tell B.., kayanja isaac
- I hear again, hasmukh amathalal
- With Some Desires of Surviving, Rohit Sapra
- The Goodness Of Solitude, kayanja isaac
- FIRE, Philo Yan
- Little belief, hasmukh amathalal
- Sweet pea to Cactus, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Talk less and try to realise, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- No hide I bother when play begins, Pranab K. Chakraborty