Corruptable Platforms, Or The Light At A Four Way Stop
Assess the situation.
Green is progress,
Yellow is unsure and timid,
Red is threatening and forboding.
These are the signs by which we all must live.
The colorblind die a tragic flaming death.
Twisted metal piercing ventricles.
Release the threatening forboding.
Shards and shrapnel, glass and gore.
This means stop.
This must stop.
See the red.
Have a reaction.
Make a decision.
While one side sees green the other sees red.
The progress of one often hinders another.
The crossroads become conjested.
The traffic of conflicting points of view.
There must be order.
There is no order.
Order is an illusion.
Colorblindness infects those at the crossroads.
The warning signs are present, but no one can see the red.
We've met at the intersection.
The question is not what is the right path.
The right path is clear to those who will see.
The question now is only who is behind the wheel?
Will they choose to heed the warning signs?
They plan our destruction in the name of progress.
Seth Proch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corruptable Platforms, Or The Light At A Four Way Stop by Seth Proch )
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)