On the corner there is one way
and that is Jesus Christ our lord.
In the bar there are chicken wings
called Satan's Revenge.
The church ladies park in the handicapped spot,
wearing feathered hats, eating their french fries
and counting their change so carefully.
The workers in bright orange coveralls
descend a ladder beneath the earth.
One performs the sign of the cross.
The rivers beneath us trickle through
the pipes. There are no alligators
but it is dark and to forget
is a danger.
Don Tiedemann's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cosmology by Don Tiedemann )
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
- Seeds, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson