There is a time when the picky, choosy, and frugal do well
But how good when summoned or told to do so?
This one comes with no inference an option
Assessing costs are good
But obeying the more costs you less
Actions indicate the call to do you abhorred
Insufficient returns assured to the disobedient
Plenteous goodness and spoils the obedient receive
Quite expensive can be a moment taken to ponder foolishly;
Should I or should I.
Poor analysis led to paralysis when the prognosis pointed to goodness.
Obey you wish you had to avert sadness.
Wisdom yet gained amid a moment to ponder this or consider this.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cost comparison by Timothy Branch )
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- Ravenna, Edward Kofi Louis
- Breath, beneath!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Ten), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Merry Christmas My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- See, seer!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Obligated, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Nine), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Rosy (Eight), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- to be or not to be a vegtarianien, oskar hansen