There is a time when the picky, choosy, and frugal do well
But how good when summoned or told to do so?
This one comes with no inference an option
Assessing costs are good
But obeying the more costs you less
Actions indicate the call to do you abhorred
Insufficient returns assured to the disobedient
Plenteous goodness and spoils the obedient receive
Quite expensive can be a moment taken to ponder foolishly;
Should I or should I.
Poor analysis led to paralysis when the prognosis pointed to goodness.
Obey you wish you had to avert sadness.
Wisdom yet gained amid a moment to ponder this or consider this.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cost comparison by Timothy Branch )
- Manhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
- The Good Spirit, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Let It Be, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LOVE IS A DELICATE THING, Marcus McKinley
- Beaming Bolts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's only human, Priscilla Stalker
- October...come she will., Roxanne Dubarry
- Fly Away, Gerry Legister
- Good For Nothing (Fun Poem 161), David Harris
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)