Cotton Candy and Clouds
Airplane please fly through,
The pink and fluffy, fluffy blue.
Oh, I can taste the savory stuff.
You're flying through a floating puff.
They're too good, these clouds I know.
The pink and blue in sunshine show,
That this sky candy, I must eat.
It's taste no other food can beat.
I wanted to lean out of the plane,
Eat cotton candy outside my window pane.
Now I suddenly saw that the pink and blue,
Were clouds and not candy too.
But now the plane landed,
And I ran to the counter,
Of the airport candy shop,
And gorged on the cloudy looking,
Blue and pink candy.
Cotton candy and clouds.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cotton Candy and Clouds by Vera Sidhwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie
- At this time, hasmukh amathalal
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA
- Deep and sank, hasmukh amathalal
- Odia Poem- SAMAYA, Jitendra seth
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth